Tuesday, May 6, 2008

101 Goals/Resolutions in 1001 Days - Part 1 of 3

So I've seen this in other blogs and I thought I'd give it a try, except it is really hard to thinking of 101 goals. Here's part 1 of 3 and hopefully I'll be done by Friday.

101 Goals/Resolutions in 1001 Days

May 6, 2008 – February 1, 2011

  1. No debt except for student loans.
  2. Save $3000 ($3/day).
  3. Not buy anything except food and toiletries for one month.
  4. Finish my MA.
  5. Finish my M.Ed.
  6. Start seeing a spiritual director regularly.
  7. Create a space for meditation.
  8. Create a modern hour's liturgy.
  9. Start (and regularly update) a devotions blog.
  10. Spend a week with no internet.
  11. Spend a week with no TV. (the TV and the internet will not happen in the same week)
  12. Read the entire bible.
  13. Make a recipe book.
  14. Organize photos of Tomas.
  15. Create database of books I own.
  16. Get job teaching high school history.
  17. Run a 5K.
  18. Run a 10K.
  19. Run a half-marathon.
  20. Run a marathon.
  21. Quit drinking Coca-Cola for at least 30 days (in a row).
  22. Only eat home cooked meals for one week.
  23. Take Tomas out to the park at least once every other week during the summer.
  24. Create a reading time with Tomas.
  25. Take a swim class for toddlers.
  26. Start a college savings account.
  27. Plan a seven course dinner party.
  28. Finish NaBloPoMo one month.
  29. Buy a [used] car.
  30. Do not use paper towels for a month.
  31. Read a book a week from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
  32. Go to the Dominican Republic.
  33. Join a book club.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! 101 goals... you had me at 33 :-)

Isette said...

I love these things! But I've resisted in listing one out myself because 101 things is hard - and well, I should finish some things, like you know my Thesis, before I list all the other things I want to finish :)

I can help with some of those - #13, I have a spiral binder, #26 I have some thoughts on, and #27 I think you're a little crazy :)